1.27.2008

Southern and Blues Rock Collection

So, I don't have all the albums from some of these bands, nor do I feel the need to make a huge post with them since this is to be a mostly metal blog. However, these are some bands that have been my favorites since I was a little tyke being raised on classics and country down around the Indiana farmlands north of where I live nao. So, enjoy this random selection of albums.

Gov't Mule: 2006 High & Mighty
Driven by Warren Haynes of the Allman Brothers Band on guitar, these guys put out some of the best new Southern/Blues rock of today. Highly recommended.

Molly Hatchet: 1978 Molly Hatchet
Molly Hatchet is to Florida what Lynyrd Skynyrd was to Alabama. Definitely an overlooked band in the Southern Rock realm from my perspective. Definitely this is their classic album, which is debateable to other fans no doubt. Still highly recommended.

Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble: 1983 Texas Flood
You can't talk about Blues guitarists without mentioning Stevie Ray, it seems. And with good reason, although I find him to be a bit overrated by a lot he is still one of the most influential blues guitarists of recent years (I'm being very lenient with RECENT). This album epitomizes his sound and contains such classics as Texas Flood, Pride & Joy and Love Struck Baby.

Mountain: 1970 Climbing
Although short lived, Mountain was influential in many ways. I have one song title for all of you...Mississippi Queen. It spawned many imitators and still remains a classic today. It is included on this MUST HAVE album.

ZZ Top: 1992 Greatest Hits
Who can deny the mighty ZZ Top of being one of the greatest Blues-Rock bands of all time? This is one of the greatest compilations of their must listen songs. The only thing missing from this amazing collection in my opinion is the classic Just Got Paid. However, with Sharp Dressed Man, Legs, La Grange, Tush and Cheap Sunglasses present you can't complain too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great, great and great, this blog is my number one, do you know a band called CHOKESLAM?, i search for a long time any record, but is very dificult, sorry my english is very bad. thanks